Pursuant to applicable data protection laws, bear in mind that:
If you live in a country outside the European Economic Area, collection of your personal data shall be governed according to the privacy laws applicable in the jurisdiction where you reside.
The person responsible for personal data is IPA ACADEMY, with registered offices in Switzerland (IPA ACADEMY) may also be referred to as ("We", “Us”, “Our” or "Data Controller"). To contact the representative from the Data Controller, you may send an email to: email@example.com.
If information indicated as required is not provided, We might be unable to process your user registration or the use of certain Services available on the Platform.
In order to register and navigate the Platform, you need to be older than 16. IPA ACADEMY may use your personal information to verify your age and ensure the enforcement of this restriction.
2. Legal basis for processing the personal data
Collection and processing of your personal data is based primarily on the contractual and/or non-contractual relationship you have with Us.
When We send you newsletters and Services or when We use your address(es)you have provided Us to contact you individually or to recognize you when you return to visit Our Platform, We are doing so under the informed consent.
How We process the information collected by Our cookies is based on the informed consent you provide, pursuant to current legislation.
3. Types of Data We collect
In order to register with the Platform and identify you, We will request from you information that identifies you as an individual and this includes details such as your name, address(es), phone number(s), e-mail, or IP address(es).
To create your profile in the Platform, you may include personal information such as your country or city of residence, a photograph, first and last names, education, work experience, and any other additional information you might want to share in your profile. The profile information may help you make the most out of Our Services. However, if you do not want this information to be published, you may leave the profile information fields blank or delete the information already provided.
To buy or subscribe to Our courses, We will request your credit card or debit card information, including expiration date and CVV. If you are paying with PayPal, We will request the email address associated with it. If you are paying with PayU, We will redirect you to that payment platform. If you request an invoice, We will request your invoicing data, if needed.
When you visit or use Our Services, We register data such as (i) frequency of use, (ii) date and time Services were accessed, (iii) when you see or click a specific content, (iV) your course preferences, and (v) projects you are sharing or content you publish. We use information when you log in and when you read our emails, and We use your Internet protocol ("IP") address(es) to identify you and register your use on the Platform.
We do not make decisions based on profiles, beyond legitimate prevention of Internet fraud.
We obtain information through other platforms, for example, when you register via Facebook or similar technologies. This might include personal texts or images available in an external website.
4. Purpose of the processing
We process your data for purposes arising from your use of Our Platform, for example, to ensure that we understand who uses Our Platform and how it is used and to improve it and ensure it is secure. This processing occurs because it is necessary to meet our legitimate interests in operating and improving Our Platform, analyzing its use, and ensuring its security.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
IPA ACADEMY, as the Data Controller, may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Manage your registration as a Platform user, to identify you and give you access to Services available for registered Platform users.
- The development, compliance and execution of the contract for the provision of Services such as the sale of or subscription to IPA ACADEMY courses or any other contract We might have through the Platform. You will need to keep in mind that: You expressly authorize Us to process the data indicated as required for activation and payment processing. The cards security code (CVV or CVC) will only be used to process the purchase of course(s) you chose and will not be stored or processed afterwards, as part of your payment information. The consent for the activation of this feature allows your data to autofill in future purchases, so you do not need to re-enter payment information every time you make a purchase. The data entered will be assumed valid and current in future purchases. You will be able to modify or delete your credit card, debit card, PayPal or PayU account at any time through the payment method in the purchase form or through the payment method setting in your IPA ACADEMY subscription. We store and release card information in accordance with international confidentiality and security standards for credit and debit cards. For security reasons, the use of this feature might require changing of your password. Remember, the safety of the Platform also depends on the correct use and storage of confidential passwords.
- Contacting you through email regarding updates or information related to features, products or Services contracted, including Platform security updates, as long as they are needed or reasonable.
- Respond to any request or inquiry you make through the customer service channels available at our Platform.
- Allowing you to provide reviews, when you have left behind a review about a
specific course, material, instructor or a specific program.
Note that any written reviews may be checked by Us before exposing, automatically or manually, because We want to make sure only high-quality reviews are being exposed. We remove reviews in situations like the following:
when the review includes abusive language, swearing, discriminatory remarks, threatening, or personal political, sexual, religious, and ethical viewpoints,
when the review promotes illegal or commercial activities.
In case the review is written by a reviewer 5 or more years after they have studied by Us,
when reviews are not the personal experience or opinion of the reviewer,
if reviews repeatedly address fellow reviewers on a personal level,
if reviews are exposed in a repeatedly disturbing way,
if it includes contact details like phone numbers, addresses or links to other websites,
if reviewers pretend to be another person or organization than themselves,
if a review contains content that violates the rights of another person or an organization, intellectual property rights, and privacy rights; and
reviews entered by the threat of extortion
- For statistical research to develop and optimize Our Services. Statistical research helps us develop better services and offerings and allows Us to improve the design and content of our Platform.
- For direct marketing purposes, this means We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, promotions, or other marketing communications. We use the results of Our analysis to tailor our marketing communications to your specific interests and preferences. For example, if our analysis shows that you may be interested in certain types of programs or a specific course, We may customize our newsletter with contents that are relevant to you. We may use different channels for our marketing communications, such as email, social media, and your personal online account.
We may also combine such aggregated data with information We receive from Our subsidiaries, affiliates, or from public sources.
Your consent can be withdrawn at any moment, and you can object at any moment to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. The withdrawal of consent or exercise of your right to object does not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the moment of withdrawal or exercise of the right to object.
You may object or revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, by following the instructions in the relevant marketing communication.
6. Data retention period
We will retain your personal data for as long as We have a valid contractual relationship, and after that, for the period determined by any obligations arising from the treatment of the data or as established by the applicable law.
7. Data Recipients
Service Providers: in order to provide services in Our name or to help us provide Our services. For example, We contract service providers to render marketing, advertising, communication, infrastructure and IT services, to customize and improve Our service, to process credit card transactions or other methods of payment, provide customer service, collect debts, analyse and improve data (such as data regarding user interaction with Our services), and process and manage satisfaction surveys. For efficiency purposes, these partners and providers may be based in the European Economic Area or other countries or territories outside of the European Economic Area, and might not provide a data protection level comparable to that of your country, or the European Union.
8. Data Protection Rights
As Data Controller, We are committed to respecting the confidential nature of your personal data and guaranteeing the full exercise of these rights. At all times, you will have the following rights:
Right to access. You have the right to confirm whether We are processing your personal data and, if We are, you have the right to obtain a copy of such data and information regarding the processing.
Right to amend. You have the right to correct errors, modify incomplete or wrong data and guarantee the authenticity of the information that is being processed.
Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your data without undue delay, if it were being processed wrongfully or if the end to which it was processed or collected has ceased to exist.
Right to limitation of processing. You have the right to request that the suspension of the processing of your information if it is illegal or the accuracy of the data has been contested.
Right to oppose. You have the right to oppose the processing of your data when it has been used for purposes of direct marketing or when the processing must be terminated due to a personal situation, except when there is legitimate interest or it is necessary for the exercise or defence of claims.
Right not to be subjected to personalized decisions. You have the right of not being subjected to a decision based solely on the automatic processing of your data, including profiling, with binding legal effects or which affects you, except when necessary for the execution of an agreement, as permitted by the law or if you have expressly authorized it.
In order to exercise these rights, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your (i) identity, by sharing your full name and email address used to register or make a purchase at IPA ACADEMY, an ID to establish your identity, and (ii) the right or rights youre exercising.
You may also visit the agency overseeing the protection of data in your country to file a claim or request the protection of your rights, if deemed necessary.
The exercise of such rights is free, except when requests are deliberately unfounded or excessive, in which case the individual will be required to bear the processing costs.
9. Information about cookies
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, IPA ACADEMY commits to resolve complaints about Our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact IPA ACADEMY at: email@example.com
Published on 24th October, 2021