Going Global: How to Take a Local Publishing Company to International Heights (PART TWO / Advanced Level)
Part 2: Diving Deeper into Successful International Sales and Market Reach
Duration: Approx. 60 minutes
Learning Objective: To develop a deeper understanding of the international publishing business, particularly in targeting to local audiences and reviewing global challenges in selling to local markets. An overview on how to use the power of rights and translations to expand your global footprint, establishing the right business model and creating an international sales force and strategy.
- Segment 1: Marketing & Targeting to different Cultures
- Analytics: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive
- Targeting different audiences
- Understanding High and Low Context Cultures
- Segment 2: Global Challenges & Business Models
- Globalization Challenges, Differences, Risks, Opportunities
- Determining the right business model
- Partnership, licensing, POD and acquisitions
- Segment 3: Creating an International Sales force and leveraging metadata
- Commission-based or in house
- Printing & Shipping Globally
- The Importance of Great Metadata
- Segment 4: Leveraging the power of rights and translations
- Translations and working with co-agents and or sub-agents
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Expanding Global Footprint
Optional practice assignment: Please see descriptive course content.
Recommended articles/readings: Please see descriptive course content.